1C:Enterprise 8 – Rapid Application Development (RAD) platform for the development and customisation of business applications for small, medium and large organisations
Modern. Powerful. Reliable
Work over the Internet via the thin client, or directly in a browser window without the need to install the platform on your computer.
Access your accounting and business applications over the Internet. You do not need to download or install anything; just sign in and start working immediately!
Work on Windows or Linux computers. Platform components can be installed on computers running different operating systems.
Financial and analytical reporting
Hierarchical, multi-dimensional cross reporting; with grouping, aggregation and drill-down functionality, dynamic updates for reporting structures, and various chart types and operating systems.
Choose between a variety of deployment options, from a single workstation to large enterprises and workgroups.
Add interaction with virtually any external software and hardware based on universally acknowledged standards and data transfer protocols.
Database management system
Use a proprietary DBMS for data storage, or select one of these third-party storage options: Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL, IBM DB2 or Oracle Database.
Easy learning curve for beginners and increased performance for experienced users. Rapid data access and efficient use of keyboard inputs.
Restrict user access to sensitive data. Fields with data unavailable to specific users are automatically hidden from forms, lists and reports displayed to these users.
Working on mobile devices
Work using your iPad, laptop or another mobile device.
Create formal descriptions of workflows that are typical for your company, and then generate employee task lists based on these workflows.
Modern user interface design ensures end user comfort during prolonged work sessions.
Write applications in different languages. Localisation options include customisation of date and number formats, along with customisation of alphabetical sorting.
Redundant servers and processes within a cluster provide fault tolerance.
Use the built-in cryptographic functionality in your applications for processing data stored in the database..
Task-oriented objects for a wide range of tasks, including warehouse, management, financial accounting, payroll calculation, data analysis and management at the business process level.
Unified core features ensure consistency during the development cycle and make the best use of technological capabilities both at development and deployment stages.
Rapid development environment
The rapid development (RAD) environment is included in the standard delivery kit. End users can develop new applied solutions or modify existing ones, either on their own or with the help of third-party specialists.
Deployment can be managed using your own resources or with 1C partner assistance for large-scale enterprise deployments..
User management and monitoring of user actions. Advanced application update options including updates via the Internet.
1C:Enterprise 8 platform overview
1C:Enterprise Platform consists of the following parts:
- The platform, which is made up of an application server, Business Components (visually configurable building blocks), and the IDE environment.
- Business applications running on the platform include a variety of out-of-the-box or custom solutions for small and medium businesses, such as 1C:Accounting Suite; and for enterprise customers – ERP/MRP, HR, Logistics, and Financial Consolidation, among others. 1C Company and its partner network also offer vertical integration solutions for many industries..
The above diagramme of a business application shows the internal architecture of 1C:Enterprise solutions:
- The data/process layer supports various system features, for example, support for a variety of databases, an application server, web server components and web services components.
- The Business Components are predefined visually configurable building blocks (templates) that are widely used in enterprise applications, such as catalogues, documents, accumulation registers, accounting engine, calculation engine and business process engine.
- The catalogues are used for storing lists of customers, products and other items..
- Documents cover business events, such as purchase orders, sales orders and invoices.
- The accumulation register handles accumulating document posting transactions, for example, accounts receivable or bank registers.
- The accounting engine (accounting document posting) is typically used for creating specialised ledgers, in addition to the general ledger.
- The calculation engine handles payroll calculations.
- The business process engine is used throughout the system.
Using the Business Components significantly reduces the cost of enterprise application development, since it allows the company to focus solely on implementing its specific business processes, rather than building basic business functionality from scratch. The diagramme below displays the overall 1C solution architecture consisting of both platform and applications.
The following table summarises the technologies and tools included in 1C:Enterprise.
Please refer to 1C Developers Network website for more information
Find out more about